Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Blog 23: Exit Interview











Content:

(1) What is your essential question, and what are your answers?  What is your best answer and why?
My essential question is; What methods can a prosecutor use to ensure a successful court case? My three answers are based on personality types and what methods each personality type would use. My first answer is a Prosecutor who is more psychologically focused, they focus on reading the clients and how they act. Are able to act upon first judgement and interrogate the witnesses because they know if they are lying or not and can, in a sense, read their minds. These are the types of methods that they use. 

My second answer is Knowing how to utilize loopholes, site cases, how to work the system, and being "street smart" in a legal manner. Being able to find a loophole in any document or case file can help you win your case. 

My third answer is Logical, scientific, and fact based. Being able to think logically, use facts, and use hard evidence to your advantage. Analyzing evidence and using the evidence to prove your points is crucial in the case. 


(2) What process did you take to arrive at this answer? 

To arrive at my three answers I did a lot of research, read lots of transcripts and watched a lot of law televisions shows. I think my research has been the hardest because some of the things I was researching were redundant. There was more information out there I just didn’t know where to look. So I started researching different fields of law and how they correlate to my topic. This is how I came across Psychology and the study of the mind. I have also watched many trials on YouTube and saw what the prosecutors do and how they conduct themselves!



(3) What problems did you face?  How did you resolve them?

The only major problems I faced was within my research and my mentor. I felt like the information I was looking up was redundant and repetitive. So I started to look up different fields of law and how my answers could tie into those fields. My second problem was with my mentor. I had a mentor but then I was texting and calling her and emailing and she wasn't returning anything. So I had to start emailing and going and finding a new mentor. Which I did, and I share the same mentor as Paula.


(4) What are the two most significant sources you used to answer your essential question and why?

One of my big sources for my first answer was this article and it helped me come to the point of using psychology as a method.. Being able to read your clients and how to utilize the ability to see their mannerisms and kind of tell if they're lying or not. It helps you to interrogate them while on the stand. "Study of the Mind." Nature.com. Nature Publishing Group, n.d. Web. 08 May 2016.

Another big source was all of the cases I watched on YouTube. The Casey Anthony case and OJ Simpson case for example. I watched how the prosecutors conducted the case and how they each worked differently throughout the trial. I watched the OJ Simpson series and the actual case and how and what the prosecutors said and who they used as witnesses really helped me to come up with my other two answers. They're all based on how you conduct yourself and the case in a courtroom. 




Be prepared with evidence and specific examples to support any response.  It is also significant to cite sources as you explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment