Monday, August 24, 2015

Blog 2 - Summer Mentorship

                           



 


  This is a photo of a family shoot that I went on with my mentor.



 1. List the contact name, phone number, and organization of the person with whom you volunteered.
  • Kersti Kooiman
  • (909)  234-0288
  • Kersti Kooiman Photography
  
2. What qualified this person as an expert in your topic choice?     
  • Kersti has been a professional photographer for over 15 years. She went to photography school and spent many hours in different classes. Her work has been published in magazines and ads on google. Ms. Kooiman is highly qualified to be a mentor in the topic of photography. 
 
3. List three questions for further exploration now that you've completed your summer hours. 
  • What techniques can a photographer use to get the perfect lighting on a picture in an outside setting?
  • How do you get clients and become well known in your field of work?
  • In your line of work, on average, how much time do you spend editing photos? 
 
4. What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
  • Before going through my summer mentorship I had some experience taking photos, due to the fact that I took an ROP photography class. I really enjoyed being able to go out on shoots and the different settings I got to go to. The most important technique I gained from this experience is lighting. The best lighting of the day is early in the morning or late in the afternoon. It's roughly the first hour of light after sunrise, and the last hour of light before sunset.  The lighting during those times is perfect for shooting outside, they call it "The Golden Hour." The sun is low, producing a soft lighting that is more flattering and less harsh than midday sun, The diffused light creates a perfect scene.
5. What is your senior project topic going to be?  How did mentorship help you make your decision?  Please explain.
 
  • Unfortunately I am not going to stick with photography as my senior project. I am switching to Law, specifically, Criminal Prosecution. I am currently looking for a mentor in that field and hope to find one soon. A few attorneys have been in contact with me so it shouldn't be long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment