Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Blog 4 - House Advisory Prep 1

    




         Law has always been a passion of mine for various reasons. Number one, I am very argumentative and I like to persuade people. Number two, a couple of incidents have occurred in my family that has made me want to pursue a career in Criminal law, specifically, prosecution. Over the course of my senior year I hope to develop skills and different abilities in the field of law. Another reason I chose law is because I want to look into it and see if it is really the career path I want to take. This way I get my experience in the field and if I decide to go another route I can without having to switch my majors. With my mentor, I hope to acquire problem solving abilities, conversation/articulation abilities, and investigation/research skills. I intend to ask and work with my mentor to acquire these abilities and skills and also develop them from my research. Also, I am working with Mr. Piggot and Mr. Rivas to be the prosecutor in the mock trial we are going to partake in, in class. I have been in a mock trial before but apart of the jury, so to be able to do the job that I've wanted to do will be really cool and I am going to do my best to win the case. In regards to core classes, I hope to get good grades in all my classes and work to stay organized because sometimes that is hard for me. So that is what I am hoping to accomplish throughout the course of my senior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment