Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Blog 6 - Advisory Prep






     So far with senior project, the best that has worked for me is the 10 hours of mentor-ship we had to do over the summer. It allowed me to gain more knowledge and skills on a topic I already enjoyed doing. I had the privilege of going out and photographing families, weddings, and life. It was a great and positive experience for me because I like to work with people. I am very approachable and outgoing, so working with people and families, talking to them, and even taking pictures of them is very fun for me and something that comes naturally. 

      What I find most difficult about senior project and what I'm already starting to experience is keeping a mentor. I had my mentor in place but he had some family matters come up and was no longer able to be my mentor. Also, being a mentor takes time and some people don't have that time. So I'm working with a family friend to try and find me a mentor in my topic. I would of loved if she was my mentor but she lives in Arizona. I'm going to have to find someone I know is going to be there the whole time throughout the course of my senior year. In a way, the senior team cannot help me on this portion of the project. But, in other portions of work the senior team can help me by keeping me focused and always being there if I ever need to discuss or address anything to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment